This course is designed to develop skills for the student who wish to use pistol as a primary firearm in a tactical environment. You will practice skills that will reduce your reaction time, allow you to shoot faster with higher degree of accuracy, and increase your confidence with your handgun. This course is fast paced with 90% practical training time to prepare students to handle the most challenging tactical shooting situations.
- Firearms design and mechanics
- Safety rules
- Gear preparation (holster, mag pouches etc.)
- Fundamentals of pistol shooting
- Tactical shooting principles
- Ready positions
- Speed/emergency reload
- Tactical reload
- Double shots
- Multiple targets
- Alternate shooting positions
- Shooting with use of cover
- Various directions shooting
- Shooting on the move
- Strong/weak hand shooting
- Shooting with use of tactical flashlights
- Disassembly / assembly and cleaning guns
WEAPONS: The Course is conducted using GLOCK 17 and GLOCK19. Optionally, there is a possibility to request for SIG SAUER P229, H&K USP9, Beretta 92F.
AMMUNITION: 9mm – 400 rds.
METHODS: This Course will be taught using theoretical and practical exercises. The lectures will be conducted in classroom and on the shooting range. The Course will be given on the ESA Training Center with the use of ESA equipment.
SKILL PEREQUISITES: None. The candidate does not have to possess prior experience with the Firearms.
GEAR: Sturdy / Tactical Belt. Clothing appropriate for climate and conditions.